Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Was the Xbox 360 a mistake?



I'll try to keep as UnBiased as possible. I do have a favorite system of this generation but, I don't want to be like one of those people where one is ultimately the best. Let's get down to it!


                                               (Original Image)
              
I really like the curved design of the system. It's really sleek and stylish, I think is has a better look then the PS3 and the Wii. The USB ports are a bit tricky to plug in to, I do see why they used the flap though (to keep it hidden). The way the ring lights up draws your eyes in, kind of like the light at the end of the tunnel. On the back there are 4 additional USB slots to plug into, and the HDMI and Component cables are really easy to access. There are two things I really dislike about it though, The Power Brick and the Disc Tray.

The PS3 and Wii both dropped the disc tray, that was one of sony's big things when building hype for the system. My personal preference is to not have to worry about my disc tray breaking, making the system unplayable. I know the games could still get stuck inside the other systems, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.


I really don't like the Power Brick at all, it's so bulky and takes up a bunch of room when hauling it somewhere. Why didn't the 360 put the Power Module inside the system? I would much rather take compact and heavy versus light and bulky.

I can't get use to the 360 Menu at all. Every time I go to play on it, I don't even bother sorting through all the different menus, I just close the tray and play. When I was going to enter a MS Points card, I looked everywhere but couldn't find out how to enter the code, I went to the Xbox Live tab multiple times, but still couldn't find a "Redeem Code" section. Finally, I did a quick google search to find out that you will see it if you click the MS Home button on your controller. Why not make it available from the Main Menu?

(I'll be sure to post mine later)

I know a lot of people were fussing about the avatars coming out, saying that it's a copy of the Mii. In a way it is, but the avatars have so much more depth. Obviously, the creation is going to be as in depth as it was in Saints Row: The Third, but it doesn't really matter. You can buy items from the Xbox Live Marketplace, and you can win certain items for getting achievements inside games. There are also usually a special bonus Item if you pre-order or buy a game new. I've grown to like the avatar I have. I rarely see him, but it adds that little hint of user interaction that will draw you in.

I like the controller a good amount, the only problem I have is the shoulder buttons. They still feel awkward to me, like a button that doesn't belong there. However, it's A LOT better then the black and white buttons. The batteries really annoy me too, when I got my 360 I decided not to get a $75 Play and Charge kit, but now I'm stuck with changing batteries every now and then. Why not make them rechargeable out of the box? The Wii did the same thing, I can't tell you how annoying it is to take off those sleeves just to change the batteries.

In the end, this is my second favorite system this generation. 

If they changed and added a few things I would love it. Just like I favored the original Xbox over the PS2. I'm not one to have console loyalty, I go for what I think is the best.


EVERYBODY LOVES LINKS!!!!!
(All links open in a new window, Hold CTRL and Click (for PC) 
Hold Command+Click (for Mac)
To Open in a new tab instead!)

I LOVE the Vita (Still won't get one though)

A tiny PSN Improvement List

Wii U Pro Controller, Lazy or Smart?

Downloadable only games, a VERY stupid move!

BEYOND 3D AND beyond 4D! What is this unheard of Dimmension?

DON'T get sucked into Direct Youth Marketing/Fit For Life, I suffered through it so you don't have to!

I really AM alive! (and the sequel: I am NOT dead)

HD Cartridges? Oversized UMDs?

An Idea on how to make getting a new system more interactive and FUN!

Will we ALWAYS have a controller in hand?

Some thoughts on how to make the MOVE more appealing

My thoughts on the Music Game Industry

My Forza 4 Experience

Why I like the PS3

What I think about Nintendo (before E3)

A brief look into what I think of the Gaming Industry

Extremely brief Idea of an amazing Open World game (in terms of gameplay/elements)

Become a part of CYPHYN! (All you need are ideas, a creative mind, OR art skills) (Of course you've got to be a gamer or at least have an interest/passion for it)

Feel free to Email me with comments, suggestions, ideas, etc. (You may be mentioned in the Social media realm)

2 comments:

  1. You never answered your original question - was the 360 a mistake?

    Silly question anyway, as it evidently wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't a true mistake, but it did have a shaky launch. I mean a true mistake would be a non profitable system, and obviously that wasn't the Xbox's case. I really appreciate your comment, mostly it was just a clever title to get my mind going :D

      Delete

Your comments are greatly appreciated, they help me give content that YOU want! I always personally respond to comments, I will only show negative comments if it is a disagreement. I see disagreements as a way to get people involved. I would love to interact with you. Please follow the blog if you would like. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!