Sunday, February 19, 2012

Music Games: Did Rocksmith Win?

      What is Rocksmith? For those of you who don't know, it's a music game much like Rockband or Guitar Hero. The only difference is you are using a REAL guitar and playing REAL chords.

       I personally love it because I've always wanted to learn guitar but I didn't enjoy going to a teacher or trying to learn on my own. This game will make it fun (once i get it and get my guitar fixed).

     The questions still stands: will Rockband and Guitar Hero fans switch over? Personally, I don't think that many will. Rockband and Guitar Hero both have full band setups, and it's really easy to pick and play VS. Rocksmith where you are playing and actual instrument. Not to mention the extra cost for a guitar and amp (if you choose).

      However, there is a great benefit to Rocksmith. Have you ever wanted to show off in front of your friends or wanted to play a riff for someone to sing to? Rocksmith let's you do that.

      So, no I don't think Rocksmith won, however it is very promising for next possible installments such as Drumsmith, where you plug in an actual electronic drumset and play along to your favorite songs, or VocalSmith where, it's like an actual voice coach. Then eventually will come Bandsmith, letting your full band of real instruments play together. I also think since it's a new music game it will have a lot of catching up to do in the music library. -->

EVERYBODY LOVES LINKS!!!!!
(All links open in a new window, Hold CTRL and Click (for PC) 
Hold Command+Click (for Mac)
To Open in a new tab instead!)


















Become a part of CYPHYN! (All you need are ideas, a creative mind, OR art skills) (Of course you've got to be a gamer or at least have an interest/passion for it)

Feel free to Email me with comments, suggestions, ideas, etc. (You may be mentioned in the Social media realm)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated, they help me give content that YOU want! I always personally respond to comments, I will only show negative comments if it is a disagreement. I see disagreements as a way to get people involved. I would love to interact with you. Please follow the blog if you would like. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!