Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Open World Greatness

So, here it is two in the morning and my mind is racing with thoughts about how the Open-World genre could be improved.

What are two important keys in an open world game? Freedom and things to do right? GTA 4 for me nailed the graphic quality and the draw distance (how far you can see before objects disappear/appear)which is something I've always wanted in an Open World game.

       Just Cause 2 gave you a giant map, a grappling hook, a parachute and said go have fun.

       Saints Row 3 said "Here's your gang, cause chaos".

What if we combined those three games? Imagine GTA 4, a grappling hook, a gang (FULLY customizable), and any type of vehicle you can imagine. The first open world game with a submarine. A game that uses Google Streetview (when available). An open world game with FULLY destructible environments (no more invincible buildings). A game where every building, and every room is accessible. That's the type of game I want to see, I know it's not possible....................yet.

EVERYBODY LOVES LINKS!!!!!
(All links open in a new window, Hold CTRL and Click (for PC) 
Hold Command+Click (for Mac)
To Open in a new tab instead!)


















Become a part of CYPHYN! (All you need are ideas, a creative mind, OR art skills) (Of course you've got to be a gamer or at least have an interest/passion for it)

Feel free to Email me with comments, suggestions, ideas, etc. (You may be mentioned in the Social media realm)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated, they help me give content that YOU want! I always personally respond to comments, I will only show negative comments if it is a disagreement. I see disagreements as a way to get people involved. I would love to interact with you. Please follow the blog if you would like. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!