Saturday, September 15, 2012

Are you ready for a new console?

I'm sure not! 

It just doesn't feel time to even think about new consoles yet. I love my PS3, 360, and Wii, I mean sure there will probably be better visuals, more functions, and more innovation. However, if you take a closer look, games that are currently being released are looking better all the time. 

So why get excited for a new system?

If we haven't reached the capacity of the current systems why rush so fast for another one? I think it may be because people get bored with the same system over a period of time, despite the fact that the 360/PS3 haven't reached the graphics capacity yet. I'm not 100% positive on the 360, but I know that's the fact for the PS3. I just didn't want to sound biased toward one system.

One of the cons of having an official system announcement 

With all the GTA V (GTA 5) news overriding the web, if a new system gets announced, what if Rockstar suddenly decided to make the game toward the new system, in order to increase launch sales for the system? I know that's highly unlikely, but if it ever happened what would you do? Would you save money for the new system or would you play on the current system until the new price came down? Speaking of that, there is still talk of annihilating used games.

Used games are what keep gamers coming back 

Sure the publisher doesn't get any money for the sale of the game, but what about all the new copies that the used game companies acquire? What will happen to all the gamers who don't have/have a terrible internet connection? Not to mention the DLC that people are going to download, such as the all the map packs to stay up-to-date, or even the online pass. 

Online passes may not be as bad as you think

Some are worse then others for sure, but most are completely optional. For example; if you buy a shooter and know the online part is mostly dead, why buy the online pass? You can just get DLC additions if you want, or just stick with the game's core elements. 

SPLIT-SCREEN NEEDS TO BE REQUIRED

I miss the days where games weren't focused around an online community, where the community was in a forum or on a website, the days were split-screen was in practically EVERY game, where the back of case said players 1-4, instead of players 1: Online 2-16. I know I don't have the cash to buy 3 additional TVs, 3 additional systems, and 3 additional copies of the game. I also know my friends won't have every game I have. Why are they taking us away from the true social interaction of defeating your friend side-by-side? 

Comment to sign the Split-Screen Petition/ Share your ideas, input, thoughts.

There's probably some stuff I left out, so leave any questions as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated, they help me give content that YOU want! I always personally respond to comments, I will only show negative comments if it is a disagreement. I see disagreements as a way to get people involved. I would love to interact with you. Please follow the blog if you would like. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!