Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Why I converted from COD to BF3

Level Playing Field (to an extent)

      When I was playing Black Ops and MW2 (can't speak for any of the others) I noticed there were a TON of people that would either camp or appeared to have a mod such as Dropshot or many others. I'm not saying that BF3 doesn't have any campers, but I have noticed campers don't survive as long as in the CODs I've played. I've noticed BF3 campers often get flanked by the opposing team rather quickly.
Virtually NO mics, but WAY more organization

      Even though there are far less people with Mics on BF3, every team seems a lot more organized, friendly, and strategic. Occasionally you'll run into a terrible team, or an overpowering one. That doesn't ever mean you will never get at least one kill though. Through my COD rounds, I never had a chance, I think it's because of all the campers on EVERY single map. I'm very big against campers (unless you have  a sniper), it just ruins the game.

Just more fun!

I don't play the big rounds that much at all, I mostly play Gunmaster but the big rounds provide a nice break for when the game starts to get boring. There are players who are way advanced, or have bought the instant kit unlocks, but it's just so much more fun. I've found that BF3 isn't extremely heavy on being the best player, it feels like what COD was intended to be. Each class has a role, from healing to ammo supply to vehicle repair. COD does have Killstreaks, which sounds cool when you hear about the possibilities. What happens when someone camps and repeatedly gets Chopper Gunners, Care Packages, and tons of others. I mean sure they have to die to reset the killstreak count, but how many kills will he get with those streaks compared to how many times he dies? It just doesn't add up nor does it keep me coming back to play again. 

Multiplayer FPS Player

The first war FPS I got was MW2, and I loved it. I managed to get extremely well at sniping on Afghan and a few other levels. Then Black Ops announced Splitscreen online play for the PS3, which turned me toward that purchase. After playing it for awhile I figured I was just doing bad because I didn't know the maps very well or was just rusty. I figured out that wasn't the case, after playing for year I noticed the amount of campers I was getting killed by and the killstreaks that would annhilate me. I never had fun playing that, but kept playing because it was the only one I had. After a long time of debating whether to download BF3 or not (I was worried about not being able to find any games) I finally downloaded it. That was one of the best purchases I've ever made. I wasn't completely annihilated, but I wasn't the best either. It just felt balanced, it felt right. Now, I'm never going back to another COD again, I'm completely satisfied with no killstreaks and the level designs. Not to mention the lack of reflection on the Acog scopes, that threw me off way to much in black ops. Knifing is alot more satisfying to perform also, and the destructible environments are a HUGE plus. 

NO CONTROVERSY!

I'm not trying to start a big giant war, or saying that you're wrong if you like COD more. I'm just giving my opinion and insight. As always feel free to comment if you feel so inclined to.

GET MORE FREQUENT UPDATES BY LIKING ON FACEBOOK 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated, they help me give content that YOU want! I always personally respond to comments, I will only show negative comments if it is a disagreement. I see disagreements as a way to get people involved. I would love to interact with you. Please follow the blog if you would like. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!