Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Are games becoming "Too Easy"?

Depends on which game it is.

That would be the obvious and mostly true answer, but there's another aspect to it. There are of course multiple difficulty settings, and even more precise difficulty settings in racing simulators such as Forza. For me racing has mostly been a nice progressive-style difficulty, the more you get into it the longer the races become and the harder the opponents become. However with games like Far Cry 3 they seem to stay on the same level.
I managed to complete Far Cry 3 in a few days, not 100% just the storyline, while there are other games I have where I've been stumped on a mission/level forever. The Ninja Gaiden series for example is pretty difficult, but could that be from the camera angles? 

I heard terrible comments of the Ninja Gaiden Series' camera angles which kept me away from the series for quite sometime. Then one day I was browsing PSN and I came across a demo, still intrigued by the gameplay and ninja-esque moves I started the download process. Once the download was complete I started to play the game, to find out that the reviews were spot on. Sometimes you couldn't even see what you were doing because, the camera was stuck behind a car. A lot of games have fixed this by mapping the camera controls to the right thumbstick, and from what I remember the Ninja Gaiden game I played did as well, the only problem was it was a very little amount of control.

Why put a storyline with War Based FPS games?

You can only tell the same war from so many perspectives, no matter how many times you try to re-invent the storyline the end result will be the same, I honestly think that Battlefield 3 didn't even need a story, I was stuck on the multiplayer 99% of the time. More fictitious FPS games obviously need a storyline to keep you interested, such as Bulletstorm, but other then that the War Based ones are basically getting graphic enhancements, and different soldiers. I think it would be really interesting to play a game, and see soldiers from previous games in the series.....but then again that might fail miserably because it would be the same story, from a different perspective.
******NEW POSTS EVERY WEDNESDAY @ 12 PM (PST)/ 3 PM (EST)********

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated, they help me give content that YOU want! I always personally respond to comments, I will only show negative comments if it is a disagreement. I see disagreements as a way to get people involved. I would love to interact with you. Please follow the blog if you would like. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!