Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Wii U WILL make a comeback!

Not much has been going on for the Wii U, but I have a feeling it's going to come "Out of Nowhere".

I was reading about Nintendo's DRM Strategy and it's a lot simpler then you may think, Make a game you don't want to sell. How is this possible?

Here's an example Nintendo gave, you have Super Mario Party and you think "Oh, I'm done with this, time to sell it." But before you do, another thought comes into your head, "What are we going to play when a friend comes to visit?". That then convinces you not to Resell it.

That's the best DRM strategy I have ever heard, and it seems to work really well for them. No one expected them to be at E3 (including me), yet they were there! Showing off a new Donkey Kong Country, new Mario Party, and New Mario Kart.

Nintendo understands that the Wii U is lacking 3rd party support, and the reason for that being the Wii U isn't selling and those 3rd parties want to make games for a system that sells. I think once these games come out the Wii U will start to sell, making 3rd parties develop more games for them. However, Nintendo is a family brand, will they lose that if too many of the "Big games" come over to the Wii U? Or will those 3rd parties make games to fill in the gaps while Nintendo works on making another amazing First party game?

Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated, they help me give content that YOU want! I always personally respond to comments, I will only show negative comments if it is a disagreement. I see disagreements as a way to get people involved. I would love to interact with you. Please follow the blog if you would like. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!